When silver was near $20 recently, I upgraded my opinion on it to as bullish as gold, if not even more so. For the first time in years, we are going to see a multi-decade deficit in the supply/demand of silver, highlighted in 2022 with a 250m+ oz silver deficit. The fundamentals of silver investing appears ready to change. Finding the right companies with the right team, projects location and opportunity is key.
With that in mind, I looked at some silver plays, and Silver Hammer stood out, especially when I learned Peter Ball became President & CEO. I know Peter going back a couple decades and I believe there are multiple generations of his family that were in mining.
Considering the scarcity of pure-play companies, Silver Hammer continues to gain recognition with its three high-grade past producing silver projects located in two of the most prolific silver districts in the world (Idaho and Nevada). The immense exploration potential, very high grades and the quality of the team, including Peter and ex-Silver Standard VP-Ex and Chief Geo Ron Burk, and newly appointed(March 15, 2003) Board Advisor, Don Birak, who was the 2000 Bill Dennis Prospector of the Year award winner and former SVP Exploration for Coeur Mining and VP Exploration AngloGold North America, and VP Hudbay Minerals.
A lot of great names have recently started to follow and get behind this story. 35-year market veteran Lawrence Roulston is a director.
Below is an introduction to the company’s new President & CEO, Peter Ball. I know if you reach out to him he will respond because he talks to everyone and anyone to ensure they understand the story.
VIDEO: Introduction to Silver Hammer’s new President & CEO, Peter Ball
Ticker Symbol: CSE:HAMR | OTCQB:HAMRF | FWB: 7BW0
Share price: ~$0.23
Shares Outstanding: 47M
Market Cap: ~$11M
52 Week High/Low: $0.74/$0.22
Average Volume: >100,000/day
- The Morgan Report (David Morgan)
- What is Chen Buying? (Chen Lin)
- The Gold Advisor (Jeff Clark)
- The Silver Stock Investor (Peter Krauth)
- Daily Profit Cycle (Nick Hodge)
Three Tier-One Potential Silver Assets in World-Class Jurisdictions
Silver Strand Mine–Coeur d’Alene Mining District, Idaho
- 100% controlled mine with over 5.8 km strike length atop a silver belt in Idaho (known as the Silver Valley and 2nd most prolific silver location in the world) that has produced 1.2 billion ounces of silver.
- Recent drill programs prove mineralization extends beneath old mine workings– the next phase of drilling (2023/24) will test depth and lateral extensions and look to explore the district scale property.
- Located in the same Revett geological rock formation along the same trend as numerous multi-hundred-million-ounce silver deposits that extend to 1800m depth, whereas their Silver Strand high-grade project was only every developed to 90m depth leaving significant discovery potential at depth and along strike.
- Some proximal properties:
- The Lucky Friday Mine – produced 105 million ounces of silver (still producing)*
- The Sunshine Mine – produced 360 million ounces of silver*
- The Galena Mine – produced more than 250 million ounces of silver*
Eliza Silver Project–Nevada, USA
- 5.52 sq km land package located adjacent to the historic Hamilton silver district, which produced 40M ounces of silver during ten-year period in 1860s from very shallow depths in an area 1.6 km x 0.8 km.
- Surface assays of nearly 25,000 g/t silver and over 6% copper were collected in 1960s with no follow up since 2022 when first sampling and mapping program returned grades up to 1540 g/t silver, 6.88% copper and 7.38% zinc suggesting potential of large ‘blind’ porphyry copper system.
- Here is an excellent intro video: Eliza Silver Project
Silverton Silver Mine–Nevada, USA
- Past producer of grades as high as 30oz/tonne Ag.
- Potential for two separate mineralized systems at the project—a silver and a gold.
- Situated in the “Silver Alley” amongst numerous multi-hundred-million-ounce silver deposits and no modern subsurface exploration work has ever been done.
- 13 drill pads permitted for potential inaugural RC drill program (first drilling in over a century).
- The geology and infrared Aster signature looks virtually identical (albeit larger) to Kinross’ 15M oz Round Mountain gold deposit*.
Experienced Management Team with Exploration Discovery, Development and Capital Markets Experience
- Peter A. Ball, President & CEO – Over 30 years of experience in mine engineering, capital markets and marketing, holding numerous senior level and executive roles for base and precious metals companies including Eldorado, HudBay, Echo Bay Mines, RBC Dominion Securities and many junior precious metals exploration companies including Redstar Gold, Columbus Gold, NV Gold, Argentex Mining. Assisted in raising over $250M in capital.
- Don Birak, Board Advisor – 40 year’s experience in mineral exploration and operations, including as SVP Exploration with Coeur Mining, VP Ex for AngloGold North America, Independence Mining Company and Hudson Bay Mining & Smelting Ltd., and Chief Geo & Exploration Geologist for Freeport-McMoRan Gold Company.
- Ron Burk, Director – Former VP Exploration Silver Standard and Centerra Gold Mines.
- Lawrence Roulston, Director – Seasoned mining executive with over 40 years of diverse hands-on experience and currently serves as a director of several companies listed on the TSX-V and the NYSE. He is the current Chairman of Metalla Royalties and founder of WestBay Capital Advisors, providing business advisory and capital expertise to the mining industry. He was President of Quintana Resources Capital, which provided resource advisory services for private investors. He was a mining analyst and consultant, as well as the editor of “Resource Opportunities”.
- Joness Lang, Director–Senior VP at Maple Gold Mines, instrumental in bringing Agnico in as a strategic shareholder. Over a decade of mining capital markets experience.
- Warwick Smith, Advisor – CEO American Pacific Mining; Founder of Riverside Resources; Investor Relations, Fortuna Silver Mines
- Phil Mulholland, Chief Geologist – Ex-Chief Geologist at Barrick’s Golden Sunlight Mine, Ex-Chief Geologist at Kinross‘ Kettle River Buckhorn Gold project.
Near Term Catalysts
- Silver Strand – completing property wide exploration review focused on identifying additional mineralized high-grade zones across its strategically situated and large land package in the world-class “Idaho Silver Valley”.
- Eliza Project – finalizing plans for a multi-hole drill hole program testing recently discovered high grade silver and (Cu/PB/Zn) mineralized system traced over a strike length approaching 600m (open along strike).
- Silverton Project – finalize drill program (pads currently permitted) to test high grade silver system not previously drilled/explored in 100 years.
Remembering my two golden rules one must accept when speculating in junior resource companies, I greatly encourage serious due diligence at your earliest convenience.
*Disclaimer note: Mineralization hosted on adjacent and/or nearby properties is not necessarily indicative of mineralization hosted on the Company’s projects.
I welcome Silver Hammer Mining as a blog sponsor.